Thursday 9 January 2014

Here are a few photos of my rocks and the area where they came from:


This tryptich was edited in photoshop to show a sequence of events, from entering the area where I found the rocks, their location and a collection of the rocks overlayed into the water
A collection of drypoints and etchings printed onto rust dyed and eucalypt dyed paper:


More etchings and drypoint onto undyed paper:

 

    

       

Lino cuts on paper
 


Screen prints onto rust dyed fabric:
Using a freezer paper stencil
Using wax crayon to frottage the rocks directly onto the silk screen as a resist for printing

Printed into my journal
Experiments with rust printing through a silk screen, idea read in a recent Quilting Arts magazine, see article below:
    

On the left are the rock images used to make a small solar silk screen and on the right are the iron screen printed images into my journal using the techniques from the article above

A few final experiments with frottage on the left and on the right I used a sakura clear glaze gel pen to draw some rock images and then painted over (under as well), the gel pen acts like a resist and gives some interesting effects:








1 comment:

  1. Please note the photographs above were taken during a visual arts certificate course that I completed in 2013, along with the drypoint and etchings. The linocuts and screen prints were made later as part of my research for this course, and the beginnings of moving this research into a more textile and stitch approach. I have also done some further experiments with manutex and natural dye onto wool with the small screen I made and I made 2 silk screens using the photo emulsion method and have printed them onto cotton and wool.

    ReplyDelete